Three things I LOVE about this recipe:
1. It took like 20 minutes.
2. Considering how FAST it was to make, I assumed the cooking process would be stressful but it was exactly the opposite. It involves methodical step-by-step additions instead of tending to several things at once.
3. No need to make a side. This thing covers the better part of the food pyramid. Pasta, starch, veggies, meat, and cheese!
In short: I made a well-rounded meal like an ADULT in 20 minutes without crying a little or burning anything. I am the greatest!!!
Now you make it:
2 strips of raw thick cut bacon, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 beefsteak tomatoes, diced
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
2 tbsp dry red wine
1/4 tsp salt
1 lb gnocchi
5 cups fresh spinach
1/3 cup grated parmesean cheese
1. Chop bacon, dice tomatoes, and mince garlic (I bought pre-minced garlic for this one). Set aside tomatoes and garlic
2. On medium heat, cook bacon in a large non-stick skillet, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, stir for about 30 seconds
3. Add tomatoes and crushed red pepper. Cook and stir until tomatoes are almost completely broken down, about 5 minutes. Stir in red wine and salt, immediately remove from heat.
4. Cook gnocchi in boiling water until they float, about 3-6 minutes depending on the package directions. While gnocci is cooking, place spinach in a collander. Drain gnocchi over the leaves, wilting them slightly.
5. Add gnocchi and spinach to the sauce in the pan. Add parmesean cheese. Toss to combine. Eat.
I topped with more cheese, because cheese. Italian parsley might be good too!
Adapted from: calorie count